Saturday, January 03, 2009

Simple health....simple life

I'm renewing my commitment to health at the start of this year. Probably like me, you're thinking about that too. The holidays get us out of our schedule.

I saw an interesting article that talked about the myth that small changes don't matter. According to this author, when assistants switched from using manual typewriters to computers, they spent 200 calories less per day. That equals ~20 pounds per year! Small things matter. "It's just another M&M." Turns out that according to this article, you'd have to walk the length of a football field to burn the calories of one M&M. Ouch. Read it yourself here.

I'm getting pumped about the idea of a simpler life. Tomorrow I'll begin this new series. Ryan Stoops spoke last weekend about having a single purpose. I really long for a simpler life.

No comments: