Thursday, January 15, 2009

Keep it simple

As I'm preparing for the weekend, I've been noticing how many things are simple:
  • The amazing human body is mostly water.
  • The way most people feel loved is by listening to them.
  • People with food, water, shelter and love can be happy.
  • The great speeches were short and simple like the Gettysburg Address and Churchill's 630 word Blood, Sweat and Tears Speech.
A good marriage, a healthy family life, a stronger career can all be improved with some attention to simple things done consistently over time. Too often our lives are cluttered:
  • 150 steps to financial freedom
  • 100 ways to a better marriage
  • a 500 page book on how to overcome depression
God didn't mean for life to be so complicated. I'm realizing more and more that it's not God or others that complicate my life. It's me! K.I.S.S....Keep it simple Sally, Steve...Shawn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its hard to keep it simple when life demands so much. KISS is needed now more than ever.

The Lord and family must come first and its tough to do this. Simplicity is a great start