Wednesday, April 01, 2009

A Resting Place for Sin

We are just a few days away from a true holy day: Resurrection Sunday. I know that it was once a pagan holiday, but as Christians we give it a completely new meaning. In the same way,Sunday, the early Christians renamed "the Lord's Day."

As I think about approaching Good Friday and Resurrection Sunday, I'm reminded of the reality of sin, it's consequences and damages. Where can we rid ourselves of its power? There are only two places for sin: on you or on Christ.

"Either sin is with you, lying on your shoulders, or it is lying on Christ, the Lamb of God. Now if it is lying on your back, you are lost; but if it is resting on Christ, you are free, and you will be saved. Now choose what you want." (attributed to Martin Luther)

So that His death will not be in vain, I choose to rest my sin on Him.

No comments: